A team led by the PRNA o fficers has secured a new agreement after meeting with management for the past few months in a collaborative process to address the alarming RN turnover rates at Parkview.
These are important steps, but it doesn’t end here. We will seek to build on this agreement to achieve greater changes so Parkview can recruit and retain experienced, quality nurses to our team.
- $1,000 for FT RN after completion of two consecutive six-week schedules with no call-o ff or leaving early.
- $500 for PT RN after completion of two consecutive six-week schedules with no call-o ff or leaving early.
- Referral of FT/PT RN to Parkview. The referring RN will receive a total of $2,000 ($500 at 90 days, $500 at 6 months and $1,000 at 1 year).
- The referred RN will also receive $1,000 following the 1 year anniversary of his/her date of hire.
- Preceptor Pay Increase from $2 per hour di fferential to $4 per hour.
- Preceptor Role Voluntary—changed from mandatory for any RN who accepted the training.
- Preceptor Requirements Changed—from 2 years unit speci fic experience to 2 years RN experience and 1 year unit specifi c experience.