On December 21, we reached tentative agreement on two articles.
• Article 1 – Recognition and Coverage: Added important language that protects us against the Hospital challenging our bargaining unit status by attempting to reclassify Registered Nurses as supervisors. This new provision is known as “Kentucky River language,” named for the NLRB case associated with it.
• Article 3 – Union Representation: The agreement that was reached includes improvements in nursing lounge use for Union business, new nursing employee orientation, and bulletin board use. It ensures we are able to use conference rooms at the Medical Center for Union meetings and adds a new agreement about positive communications.
Outstanding proposals include:
• Article 7 – Patient Care and Advocacy, Supervision, and Professional Responsibility.
• Article 13 – Hours of work and overtime
• Article 14 – Compensation
• Article 16 – Sick Leave Reserve (SLR)
• Article 18 – Health, Dental, and Insurance Plans
• Article 20 – Education Benefits
• Article 22 – Management Rights
• Article 27 – Term
• Letter of Agreement – Release Time for Negotiations (new provision)
• Technology – (new provision)
Next Bargaining Date
Tuesday, January 9, 10 am
Located at: DoubleTree by Hilton
888 Montebello Blvd.
Rosemead, CA 91770
(Next to Montebello Town Center)