Corona Registered Nurses
You are the Union!
What is UNAC/UHCP?
UNAC/UHCP was founded on the idea of working nurses and health care professionals representing themselves—because no one else understands our working conditions and experiences better than we do. UNAC/UHCP continues to be a member-run and member-driven union.
When you join UNAC/UHCP, you form your own autonomous affiliate within UNAC/UHCP. Each affiliate:
- Elects its own Bargaining Team to negotiate its own contract (with professional support from UNAC/UHCP’s Negotiations, Organizing, Representation, Legal, Research, Political Affairs and Communications teams).
- Adopts its own Constitution and Affiliate name
- Elects its own Officers, such as President, Vice President and Treasurer.
- Chooses its own Stewards to enforce its contract
- Selects its own representative to the Executive Council that governs UNAC/UHCP
- Is run by union members elected to its Board of Directors and as State Officers
- Is governed by an Executive Council composed of one representative from each affiliate.
- Staff Representatives to support the affiliates who are themselves experienced nurses and health care professionals
- Has seen its members appointed to the California State Board of Registered Nursing, State Board of Optometry, and California Apprenticeship Council
UNAC/UHCP Members Do Better
While the benefits of non-union health care professionals are under attack, those who have joined UNAC/UHCP continue to win increased wages, secure good benefits and improve their working conditions. Compare for yourself: Click here for more information.