In Memory of: Patricia “Patty” Etcheverry
SFRNA is deeply saddened by the recent loss of Patricia “Patty” Etcheverry. Patty had been with SFMC since 1986 working in both the Emergency Department and in Case Management. She was an active SFRNA member supporting us through the initial unionization at SFMC, participating at all the UNAC/UHCP-SFRNA negotiations, nurse appreciation events, and attending many of the UNAC/UHCP conventions. She served as a SFRNA Representative for many years. She was a founding member of the SFRNA Financial Committee serving with past treasurers Mary Ferrell, Sandi Marques, and Janice Fraser. She was a current member of the Financial Committee serving with our current treasurer Marlene Castanon and fellow members Ana Bergeron, Maria Nunez, Sara Modungo, Lydia Olivier, Margo Chavez, Rosa Carcamo (SFRNA Secretary), Scott Byington (SFRNA President), Edwin Guardado (SFRNA Vice-President), and Sandi Marques.
Patty was a true patient advocate and supportive team member, always taking the time to listen. Patty was a truly gentle soul, engaging, and entertaining, with a heart filled with love and kindness towards everyone she encountered. She will be missed by everyone she came in contact with including her ER family, case management family, the SFRNA Leadership, past SFRNA Treasurers, and her fellow Financial Committee members.
Education Reimbursement: UNAC/UHCP-SFRNA & SFMC Management Reach Settlement
The Education Reimbursement Grievances (SM13-15, SM14-15, and SM15-15) have been settled. SFRNA RNs have until Monday, February 1, 2016 to submit for 2015 education reimbursement. Please remember:
- Everyone who submitted for education reimbursement in 2015 and did not receive reimbursement must resubmit documentation.
- All 2015 request for education reimbursement must be received no later than Monday, February 1, 2016.
- Effective January 1, 2016 as per CBA paragraph 2016 education reimbursement will be on a calendar year (January-December) to a maximum of $3000.
- Education hours per CBA paragraph 2021 are per fiscal year (July 1-June 30). 36 hours for full-time associates and 16 hours for part time associates.
- Wage Option associates are only eligible for education reimbursement (CBA paragraph 2016)
SFRNA Upcoming Events
- ER/SFRNA Leadership Meeting: Open agenda for ER associates to voice their concerns to SFRNA Leadership: Thursday, December 17, 2015 from 1700-2000 in the ER lounge
- SFRNA General Meeting: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 07-1200 & 15-1730 in room 1155
- SFRNA Representative/Contract Liaison & Weingarten Training: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 from 0845-1600 in room 1151. Please enroll by January 15, 2016 at unacuhcp.org/SFRNAtraining
- OR/PARR/Surgery Center/GI Lab/Cath Lab/IR/Cardiology/PICC and SFRNA Leadership Meeting: March 2016
- NICU/SFRNA Leadership Meeting: April 2016