Just days before Christmas and after finalizing a new contract with registered nurses, Prime Healthcare fired four RNs and five other healthcare workers—now known as the #Prime9—from its hospital St. Francis Medical Center in apparent retaliation for a peaceful rally on November 30 at Prime’s Ontario, CA headquarters —where the workers presented documentation of unsafe staffing and a letter calling for hospital management to collaborate with them for solutions.
Below, find data and background information regarding the Prime 9 and the other registered nurses and health care workers at St. Francis Medical Center.
For any follow-up questions, to set up interviews with the #Prime9, or help interpreting any of the data, contact: Jeff Rogers 909-263-7230 email@example.com or Anjetta Thackeray 909-455-5146 firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the Reinstate Prime9 Video
Unfair Labor Practice (ULP) Charges and Grievances Filed
Documents Presented to Prime Healthcare on November 30
RN Turnover Rates and Costs
Media Advisories and Press Releases
- January 16, 2024: MEDIA ADVISORY: Vigil and March to Reinstate Prime 9 Nurses and Healthcare Workers Fired By Prime for Speaking Up For Patients
- December 21, 2023: PRESS STATEMENT: Statement by Nurse Fired after Protesting Unsafe Staffing at St. Francis Medical Center
- October 5, 2023: MEDIA ADVISORY: Registered Nurses & Health Care Workers Launch Five-Day Strike Against Prime’s St. Francis Medical Center
- September 28, 2023: PRESS RELEASE: STRIKE – RNs and Almost All Health Care Staff to Strike St. Francis Medical Center 10/9 – 10/13
- August 23, 2023: MEDIA ADVISORY: Hundreds of Nurses and Allies Picket St. Francis Medical Center in Fight for Safe Care